Monday 2 April 2018

Showers and Rainbows

Hi, Jenny here on this rather wet Bank Holiday Monday and it's a pure fluke that I'm bringing you a weather related project today using recently released products from Concord & 9th and Reverse Confetti.... please don't blame me for the rain!!


I love the 'wonky paper cut' style of the Rainbow Wishes stamps and dies from C&9th, even the font for the sentiments is brilliant and I thought it went perfectly with the My Sunshine products from Reverse Confetti. I have made a tri-fold card by attaching an extra flap to a standard card base and this is how the card looks when its closed..


I actually started my card from the inside and worked out so first of all I cut all my rainbow stripes and temporarily adhered them to a piece of scrap paper so I could move the rainbow around and find the best position.


I then started with the middle flap which was still a separate piece of card to make it easier to work on. I stamped two layers of the sun and then added a cut circle on top before adding a couple of pale grey clouds. These elements are all stuck flat to the card so as not to add bulk. I then hand cut around the tops so a small part of the rainbow would show to hint at the layer beneath.


Next came the front of the card and I wanted the pale cloud to peak through an aperture and become part of the cloud cluster on the front so I used a template to place the die in the correct position on the front panel and then ran it through my die-cutting machine. Apologies as I should have taken photos of this step but to be honest it would probably be easier to cut the aperture before adhering the cloud on the centre flap!!


I added two more darker grey clouds to the front and some raindrops too. The stamp set has a pattern you can use for the cloud but I found these patterned papers in my scraps bin ..... in fact the whole card (apart from the base) is made using scraps :)

Then all that was left to do was attach the rainbow permanently and add the greeting which is from the Rainbow wishes set and split across the three layers .... isn't that font just so cool :)


Now all we need is for the wet weather here to do the same!!

                               
                                             

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend break :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team