Sunday 21 January 2018

You & Me

I've gone off the page today with a little something to decorate our bedroom door using one of the oh so fabulous monogram stamps from Concord and 9th.  The whole alphabet is a considered purchase but the stamps have been designed so you can use them individually too with co-ordinating sentiments so "B" is for Birthday for example. There is also a really beautiful heart and and ampersand which allow you to get creative without the letters at all and I decided to play with one of those to make my door sign.  If you are confused as to why I wanted you and me on the door - it's not as random as it seems - our first dance at our wedding was to the "you and me song" by The Wannadies!





I stamped the ampersand onto white card using versamark ink and embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I actually stamped it twice to get a nice thick embossed layer.


You can then stamp the flowers and leaves into the spaces left behind, or with the co-ordinating dies create a pretty layered look either just with coloured card or with stamping and cutting (the dies are slightly larger than the stamped image to allow you to get a number of different looks from the one set)

To finish I used the same coloured card I die cut the tiny leaves from to tie the colours together and die cut the words "you" and "me" from it using AlteNew's Inline Alpha Die.  I added a gold mat behind to make it pop from the door.

There is a cute little hanging tab in the die set (the piece that looks like a capital I) so I now really want to make a full banner with our names to hang from the fireplace in the bedroom too!





NEWS FROM THE STORE

There won't be any new arrivals this week - all our brands are busy at Creativation (the large Craft Tradeshow in the USA) and we will be busy buying all their new releases which will be here in February! 

We're getting more on track with packing orders now so are back to shipping within a couple of days (Monday-Friday)

That's all the news this week - catch you later.

Tara


2 comments:

  1. Sigh, I LOVE this and those letters are stunning! The idea of the ampersand as you used it is brilliant Tara!

    I have a post up in the Snippets Playground with a card using the Sushi Date stamp set - and offering your really kind gift for the toy box. Also gave a toot for Seven Hills!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team