Wednesday 22 March 2017

Owl birthday card with My Favorite Things


Hi everyone, it's Esther here with an owl birthday card using My Favorite Things I'm Owl Yours stamp set.

I think these owls are the cutest I've seen, and this little chap is no exception.


I stamped a background using the medium and small hearts from I'm Owl Yours and coloured them in with alcohol pens. I die cut two irregular ovals using My Favorite Things Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Windows Dienamic, but keeping the centres for use and discarding the stitched negative outlines. I layered these up under my owl and adhered them to the panel. The sentiment was stamped on vellum, and this plus some die cut hearts were adhered over the owl grouping before popping the whole lot onto a Kraft card base.


The light for taking photos has been a nightmare the last few days with grey stormy weather and high winds... brrrrr! Hopefully you can see the hint of Wink of Stella Orange on the three die cut hearts. The orange is a fab colour for using over reds and yellows as it warms them up far better than the clear pen, but without being too obtrusive.


That's it for this week! Thanks for stopping by.

         

6 comments:

  1. Great effect with using the orange wink of stella over the top of the red, so pretty. Gorgeous background and fun card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Esther - this is just lovely! All those little hearts, cute owl and the vellum sentiment strip - brilliant!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card!I like the modern design and how the tiny splatters bring everything together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team