Tuesday 14 March 2017

Doodle Flowers

The Doodle Buds stamp set is one of my favourite sets from WPlus9. I love the large flowers, perfect for colouring.

For today's card, I thought it would be fun to have a row of flowers, with one of the flowers in full colour so it really stands out.


I started by stamping a row of flowers and stems in a light ink across the front of a card base. I left a space on the right hand side where I wanted my main flower to go.

For that flower, I stamped the image in black ink on a separate piece of card. I coloured the flower with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, and then added lots of sparkle with the Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.

I fussy cut this image out and adhered to the card base. If you prefer, you can stamp the image directly on the card base instead and then colour in.

Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the same set. This sentiment is really sweet, I just love the mix of fonts.



After I finished this card, I made another one using a different flower from the set.


Have a beautiful day,
Gemma

WPlus9 Doodle Buds

Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens


Wink of Stella Clear Glitter


5 comments:

  1. What a fab idea! The subtle neutral stamping sets off the bolder colours of the highlighted images to perfection. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea! And the stamp are great as well - another idea for using my new Zigs :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh help - I think I might have to unsubscribe from this blog - I just can't help rushing off to buy stuff! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are perfect. Love the hi-lighting and the gorgeous layout x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team