Wednesday 21 December 2016

Fun Christmas card with My Favorite Things Strike Up The Band


Hi everyone, it's Esther here for our last post before we break up for Christmas. I needed one final card for a friend and their family, and I wanted it to feel really festive and fun. My Favorite Things Strike Up The Band is perfect for this!



I started with a heavyweight card stock base, and layered up a panel of My Favorite Things Trail Mix paper in a festive green chevron pattern. Next was a panel of red card stock with lots of images from My Favorite Things Strike Up The Band heat embossed in white. I also inked the edges of this panel in a darker red to add intensity.



For embellishments, I used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Frame die cut from the same red card stock, and went over the stitching with a white pen to make it pop. The 'happy' is the Altenew Happy Die which I cut in white fun foam and then again from the Trail Mix pad before gluing both together. I stamped and white heat embossed 'Christmas' from the end of a longer sentiment in My Favorite Things Merry Everything onto a snippet of green card and gave it a stitched edge. Finally that fun bunny is stamped and die cut from My Favorite Things Strike Up The Band stamp set and matching Dienamics, and coloured with Promarkers.



So that's it for today, but as Tara mentioned we'll have a series of "favourite things" posts starting on Boxing Day until the blog re-opens properly in the New Year. Have a lovely Christmas, and we all hope you have a very happy and fulfilling 2017! Thanks for stopping by :)

       

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team