Saturday 29 October 2016

It's Looking a lot like Christmas

Hello crafters! Today, I want to show you how to work around not having a cardstock of a particular color.


I was set on using brown card stock for my project and discovered to my dismay that I didn’t have any. My options were to change my design (too stubborn), throw a fit (I did, it didn’t help), or get my thinking hat on (looked silly, worked though). In the end, I decided to use my regular dye ink pads to quickly color my paper in the desired color. You can also use your Distress Inks, but I discovered an advantage of dye inks over distress inks: the latter don’t blend smoothly on every card stock I use, but dye inks usually smooth out very cleanly once dry so you can’t even really tell that you colored it in yourself.


In addition, after owning the Silver Bells stamp set for several years now, it only now occurred to me that I can use some of the solid stamps to color up the outlined arrangement. You’d think I’d have realized that sooner, but here you go. Of course, you don’t need a Misti for that, you can just do that with an acrylic block, so don’t be put off if you don’t have the same tools!


I also like to put a nice stitched border on everything right now, and the largest frame die from Lil Inkers gives me a wonderful stitched edge without cutting, so that’s perfect to spice up my card bases.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Julia, wow! This is so impactful and a really beautiful design. I love the Silver Bells set and am now having to sit on my hands (again). Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Servus Juli, du sprichst ja Deutsch und so kann ich auch mal hier ausgiebig loben :) Ich finde diese Karte ob ihrer Schlichtheit wunderschön, sie erinnert mich an ein in Leder gebundenes Buch und auch deine anderen Werke finde ich sehr schön, liebe Grüße aus Wien

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team