Saturday 30 July 2016

Happy Ink Splotches

Hey crafters! Today's card is not an original design – I want to say that upfront. I have seen variations of this design across the interwebz many times, but never really  got around to try it myself. Well, with my new(ish) My Favorite Things Distressed Patterns stamp set, creating a design like this has become super easy.


I started out by figuring out which colors would work great together. As I keep saying (my apologies if you are getting tired of this) you need to work in the order of the color wheel if you want to avoid getting color mixes that are unpleasant to the eye (unless you are going for contrast, of course). I grabbed the inks that I thought would work great here and my stamping mat, since the stamp is fairly solid and I wanted to make sure I would get a great impression the first time.


The sentiment was stamped with Versafine ink using Wplus9 stamps. I just love the mix of handwritten and typed fonts, and black is a great contrast to the colorful splats of color. Of course I had to add a few sequins for additional sparkle.

The Wplus9 Hand Lettered Hello can be easily substitute with other stamps, even though it's great to have. For example, the Hand Lettered Thank You, also by Wplus9, would also work great as would the Brushstroke Birthday by MFT or the Scripty Sayings by Paper Smooches.


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope these bright colors made you smile!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team