Saturday 18 June 2016

Cheerful Get Well Card

Howdy, crafters! Today I have two cards for you featuring the same super cute Stamping Bella stamp but different overall design. I am re-discovering my love for combining watercolor markers and my blender pens. Shall we have a look?


As much as I love my Blender Pens (I prefer the one from Stampin Up because of the durable nib, the one from the Dove pen just disintegrates all the time), they are a bit tricky to use. I have mentioned in my previous posts you can easily start damaging the paper and pill it up because rubbing it with the tip just does that. I have tried oodles of different watercolor papers (super cheap ones to super expensive ones) and still it happens and it's something you have to accept. I can only suggest to a) use a very light hand and b) let previous layers dry fully before going back in with the pen to reduce the strain on the paper.


 (I am showing you one card here, and on my blog - link in sidebar - you can see a video for the other version)

As you might have noticed, I've become obsessed with bright colors and sparkle. Can't tell you why, but I need to put sparkle on everything right now. The cheapest and easiest way is via a self-made spray. All you need is Perfect Pearls in the color Perfect Pearl and a mini mister. I used to add the Perfect Pearl via a brush in the past, but Jennifer McGuire's suggestion to instead put it into a mini mister with some water is simply brilliant. I usually spray my project from an arm length away, immediately heat set it if I don't want the colors to run, and the spray again and heat set (two layers of spray gives gorgeous sparkle!).


I hope you enjoyed the project and found the tips helpful. Thank you for stopping by today, I really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team