Sunday 31 January 2016

Guys and Gals

I've got a couple of cards to share today - one for a guy and one for a girl.

For the guy card I used my favourite item from the new SugarPea designs release - I love the lumberjack from the Timber stamp set and he pairs perfectly with the log cabin mountainscape die too so I had lots of fun layering up a background to sit him on.


I cut the die 3 times on pieces of white card and on 2 of them cut off the mountains and cabin so I just had the trees.   I also cut a few additional trees by running the die through again on scraps of card and adding them into the gaps on the lower hills.  I did some very basic water colouring - its so not my medium - but it works well for getting soft background colour.

To create the log cabin in the foreground, I simply cut strips from a sheet of our own Seven Hills Crafts sticky backed wooden veneer sheets and rounded the edges so they looked like logs and then build them up over a brown background.  I stamped the tree stump onto the same veneer and cut it out.

My lumberjack is stamped onto nina card stock and coloured with copics with a little pencil work on top for the fine detail in his beard and shirt before fussy cutting him out.   Whilst it's aimed at Valentine's - you can certainly use this set all year round for masculine birthdays.  I can see some Monty Python sentiments coming for mine ;-)

So I had lots of fun and spent a good while making that card, but given my schedule, I don't always have the time for "all out" crafting like that, so the new items we got in store today are PERFECT for quick card making.   So I made a quick girly card using some new papers from My Minds Eye.


I used a single sheet of double-sided papers from the Hello Gorgeous paper pad, the leafy strip is the reverse of the floral sheet. and paired it with one of the new journal cards that matches it.  These are just beautiful and perfect for card making as well as project life style journalling.  Start to finish card in under 2 minutes - just what you need for that "oh no I forgot it" event!





NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • We've just had some restocks from Hero Arts - the big new release is expected mid-late February.
  • We are expecting the new releases from the following brands this week:
  • My Favorite Things
  • Wplus9
  • Altenew
  • and possibly Lil' Inker Designs towards the end of the week

Catch you next week

Tara


3 comments:

  1. Super cute! He is so hard to resist!!! Thanks for the update :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in love with him and your amazing mountain scene. Especially love his green plaid! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think mimicking popular posts on other blogs is one of the best ways to get a good idea which will be popular.Such a lovely blog you have shared here with us. Really nice.
    ------------------
    Whitecard NSW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team